Monday, December 29, 2008

Still a scatterbrained clutterbug

So I've been getting a lot done but it also seems like its going nowhere and I'm getting nowhere with it. Its all just so frustrating and with the holidays I don't know where to start. I am still putting a lot off, still need to work on that, it will be one of my goals for the new year (goals not resolutions, I don't do resolutions). I am also taking so much on that I'm overwhelming myself so much.
I have no work this whole week and the family is out of town so Milo and I have the house to ourselves. I planned to get a lot done but once again procrastination kicked in. I did make two batches of soap that I'm pleased with, one lavender and the other rosemary mint but that's about it. I've slowed way down and have started taking some time for myself, I'm not saying its a bad thing but it is something I am not used to. Then again I've been thinking a lot and maybe I should be use to it, I do so much for everyone else I need to start treating myself the same way enjoying more rather than letting life pass me by.
I did have a wonderful Christmas with great family and friends, I got a lot of wonderful gifts including some amazing handmade items from my sil and aunt (and of course some amazing gifts from my other sil!) I really appreciate them and I hope they know that. I ended up making gift baskets for them each with a knitted wash cloth some hand made soap and a book (with other little gifts to go with the book).
I had my birthday since my last post and to celebrate I went to this adorable little yarn shop in Milwaukee and got some nice chunky yellow wool yarn. No pics for now, like I said earlier I've been relaxing and taking time for myself (actually I'm just to lazy to get off my butt right now). But I will show the finished projects when the time comes.
I have decided to focus more on making soap for my etsy, rather than soap and resin plugs. I really enjoy the soap making process and would like to stick to working with more organic substances if I were to venture into making plugs again, it just makes more sense to me, the resin ones are starting to kind of freak me out and I don't want to sell something that I myself am not going to use.
I know I keep rambling and I'm sure its no fun without the pics so I'll stop now. If anyone got through this I applaud you. Here's a little pic of something I made (and will defiantly be making more of). IMG_1102[1] IMG_1104[1]
I defiantly think it looks a lot better on other people but I still like it. Here's a few pics of some of the Christmas presents I got too :)
IMG_1084[1]
IMG_1085[1]
And the lovely weather (before it was 57 for a day and melted half of it).
IMG_1087[1]
Have a nice safe new year! And late Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I think it looks very cute on you! And it is good to hear you really did like the gifties, even though I could see it in your face when you opened them!

It's good to slow down sometimes though, rethink and reevaluate whats going on in your life. Nothing wrong with relaxing this whole week, enjoying the house to yourselve either. You do, afterall, do have a lot going on in your life!